Sunday, July 12, 2009

Utthapam at Udupi Palace

by Nidhi




The few times we make it out to Little India / Pioneer Blvd in Artesia, we end up at Udupi Palace for South Indian food. My interest in finding good South Indian food is mostly because I can't cook most of those dishes nearly as well or at all at home. I can cook decent enough North Indian food that fulfills the craving for mom's cooking.

I had the mixed vegetable utthapam which is a thick pancake with spices and vegetables. The staple sambhar here is delicious and so is the coconut chutney. Nikhil had the spinach masala dosa where the dosa was coated with a thin layer of a spicy spinach mix inside and stuffed with potatoes. I am getting so hungry as I write this.

4 comments:

  1. That looks like an Indian Pizza! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, that TOTALLY looks like Indian pizza and I want some! I've always wanted to go to Little India and try the food...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee-lish. But where the fuck is Artesia?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, it looks like an Indian pizza. That looks really good. I want to try it.

    ReplyDelete