Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Avocado & Mayonnaise Conditioner for hair

by Melly
Treatments purported to be good for hair

- Avocado + Mayonnaise Conditioner
- Olive oil + Honey
- Mayonnaise onditioner
- Beer rinse

Yesterday, I attempted the avocado and mayonnaise conditioner. I mashed up half of an avocado and mixed it with some mayonnaise (that happened to have olive oil in it). I gooped it into the ends (ear or so and down) of my dirty hair and left it for about 30 minutes. Had to shampoo the crap out of it at least three times to get all the bits of avocado out.

Result? It did, in fact, work. De-tangled my hair and made it look much less dry and crappy. For the record, I haven’t cut my hair or paid very much attention to it since about September of ‘08. It wasn’t the miracle solution that the internet people claimed it would be, but it did work sufficiently. It also cost a hell of a lot cheaper than a $15-30 bottle of whatever deep conditioner.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh Mayo + Olive oil mayo. We just got a "hot&spicy" mayo by Kraft too.

    ReplyDelete