Sunday, May 17, 2009

101 Cookbooks : Carrot Soup

by Nidhi
In an effort to compensate for my intense sweet tooth and other such not entirely healthy cravings, I have been cooking quite a bit from Heidi Swanson's 101 cookbooks blog. I made the carrot soup for a second time with carrots leftover from the carrot cake I baked earlier in the week (see? sweet tooth!).

I followed Heidi's suggestion and added some paneer croutons made with paneer which was also left over from the matar paneer I cooked the week before. I also ended up running some of my soup through the blender and then adding some more of the non-blended soup with more solid carrot pieces on top. I liked the mix of textures. The delicious soup was accompanied by a sourdough roll from La Brea Bakery. I topped it with a drizzle of lemon olive oil and red pepper flakes for more flavor and a little spice. I tend to like a little spice in almost everything I eat.



Like most of Heidi's recipes, the soup left me feeling happy and healthy afterwards and way less guilty of a small sweet treat for dessert.

6 comments:

  1. How sweet was the soup? Did your vision improve?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was not too sweet...as I used carrots that were a little older. The garlic really helps the flavor and also the red pepper flakes. I hope my vision is improving...carrot cake and soup all in one week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I love carrot cake with cream cheese frosting! Was that a healthy recipe as well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love Heidi at 101cookbooks. This recipe looks like a winner. Nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey nids...how much soup does this make? I'm always worried about having too many leftovers considering I'm the only one around to eat them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a better me - The recipe ended up being about 3 servings for me. And I only blended a very small portion of it. Maybe blended soup would be more filling?

    ReplyDelete